- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 10.5
Minimum: 6.0 (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 8.0 (Not for inspection purposes)
Note: Maximum flesh firmness may increase with 0.5 kg for each 1% increase in the minimum TSS.
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the fruit .
No special requirement
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Sun Supreme plums is PD9. Harvest maturity, market and skin colour must be taken into consideration when selecting the shipping regime.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Sun Supreme plums in the standard loose pack is 42 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible.
- Sun Supreme plums normally have a high malic acid content and can arrive with an acidic taste in the market. Ripening at 18 to 20 °C is normally required after arrival in the market place to optimize taste.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.