- Skin ColourNo minimum for inspection: Supermarkets may have specific requirements. Check with exporter.
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)No minimum for inspection. Note: Supermarkets may have specific requirements. Check with exporter.
- Flesh Firmness
Optimum: 8.0 – 9.0 (Not for inspection purposes)Ripeness standards for air transport and controlled atmosphere containers: Minimum pressure requirement may be lowered with 1 kg for inspection but not recommended
No minimum for inspection: Supermarkets may have specific requirements. Check with exporter.
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 2.5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Place 3 mm 300 x 400 mm foam pad on top of the fruit.
Place 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of foam pad.
- PunnetsNo special requirement
- Other PacksNone
- Cold Storage
Fairtime peaches can be cold stored for up to 28 days, from the harvest date, at -0.5 °C provided that fruit was pre-conditioned. Storage at temperatures above 1.0 °C, even for short periods should be avoided. Without pre-conditioning cold storage should not exceed 21 days due to the propensity to develop woolliness. Pre conditioning to a flesh firmness of 6.0 kg can be considered to reduce woolliness. According to literature, Fairtime also reacts favourably to CA storage.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.