- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 9.5
Minimum : 5.0 (Air freight 3.5)
Optimum : 7.0 (Not for inspection purposes)
Note: Maximum flesh firmness may increase with 0.5 kg for each 1% increase in the minimum TSS.
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
- Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
- Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
- Use 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides.
- Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the folded shrivel sheet.
For generic information on shrivel see [PL10]
No special requirement.
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Souvenir plums is PD5. Harvest maturity, market and skin colour must be taken into consideration when selecting the shipping regime. As a general rule firm fruit in the beginning of the season can be shipped at a PD7.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Souvenir plums in the standard loose pack is 35 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible. For generic information on gel breakdown see [PL6]
For Generic Information on handling after harvest, cooling, shipping and shipping regimes [PL4]