Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 2.5 kg loose pack
- Place shrivel sheet into carton with ends extending over the sides of the carton. A shrivel sheet of 400 mm x 800 mm with 48 perforations of 6mm in diameter is suggested. Shrivel sheets of different dimensions can be used but must overlap after folding over the fruit from both sides.
- Place 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays on top of shrivel sheet at bottom of carton.
- After packing fruit on trays fold shrivel sheet over fruit from both sides. The intention is to wrap the shrivel sheet around the fruit.
- Place 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of shrivel sheet.
Standard 5 kg double layer loose pack
- Pack as above but put a 3 mm 300 x 400 mm foam pad on top of the fruit on bottom layer before placing the second tray into the carton.
Please note that packaging may differ among exporters due to different standards.
No special requirement.
- Other Packs
- Cold Storage
- Luciana nectarines can be cold stored for up to 40 days, from the harvest date, at -0.5 °C.
- Luciana nectarines are not susceptible to woolliness and should not be pre-conditioned.