- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 9.0
Minimum : 4.5 (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 6.5 (Not for inspection purposes)
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Option 1: 54 x 2 mm perforated LDPE 20 micron grape bag. Bag must be folded closed at the top.
Option 2: 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the folded bag or shrivel sheet.
Use packaging option 1 or 2 as above in jumble packed cartons.
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Southern Belle plums is PD7. If the TSS is 15% or higher a PD1 can be used.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Southern Belle plums in the standard loose pack is 42 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.