- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 8.0
Minimum : 5.5 (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 6.5 (Not for inspection purposes)
Note: More aerated tissue occurs at higher flesh firmness
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the folded bag.
Although the cultivar is not shrivel prone a 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with
48 x 6 mm perforations can be considered. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides.
No special requirement
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for African Rose plums is PD7. A PD9 shipping regime can be considered for plums harvested firmer than the optimum.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for African Rose plums in the standard loose pack is 35 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.