- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 8.5
Minimum : 5.0 (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 7.0 (Not for inspection purposes)
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Use 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the folded shrivel sheet .
Use 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations in jumble packed cartons. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides. For generic information on shrivel see [PL10].
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Lady Red plums is PD7.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Lady Red plums in the standard loose pack is 42 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.