- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
Minimum 10.0 and 11.0 (See Flesh firmness)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 9.5
Minimum : 5.5 (TSS 10) and 5.0 (TSS 11) (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 7.0 (Not for inspection purposes)
Note: Maximum flesh firmness may increase with 0.5 kg for each 1% increase in the minimum TSS
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the fruit.
No special requirement
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Pioneer plums is PD7. Harvest maturity, market and skin colour must be taken into consideration when selecting the shipping regime. As a general rule PD5 can be considered for fruit harvested softer than the optimum.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Pioneer plums in the standard loose pack is 35 days from the harvest date.
- Internal disorders develop exponentially during cold storage and cold storage should be as short as possible – for generic information on gel breakdown see [PL6].
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.