- Skin Colour
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 8.5
Minimum : 6.0 (Air freight 1.5 lower than minimum)
Optimum : 7.0 (Not for inspection purposes)
Note: Maximum flesh firmness may increase with 0.5 kg for each 1% increase in the minimum TSS.
Generic information [PL2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 5 kg loose pack
Use 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays.
Use 300 x 400 mm paper inter-sheet between plums and top tray.
Use 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides.
Use 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of the folded shrivel sheet.
Use 500 x 800 mm plum HDPE 18 -20 micron shrivel sheet with 48 x 6 mm perforations for jumble packed fruit. Place shrivel sheet in carton and fold over plums from both sides. For generic information on shrivel see [PL 10].
- Other Packs
Refer to stone fruit industry packaging guidelines Pome Stone Handling Protocols
- Cold Storage
- The default temperature regime for Ruby Red plums is PD7. Harvest maturity, market and skin colour must be taken into consideration when selecting the shipping regime. For fruit riper than optimum a PD5 can be considered.
- The maximum recommended cold storage period for Ruby Red plums in the standard loose pack is 35 days from the harvest date.
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.