- Skin ColourFull red
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS%)No minimum for inspection . Note: Supermarkets may have specific requirements. Check with exporter.
- Flesh Firmness
Maximum : 11.3
Note: If the nectarine is fully developed, swelled out and mature with a minimum average TSS content of at least 12%, the average maximum pressure per fruit shall not exceed 13.6 kg.
Crimson Blaze is a non-melting cultivar and cannot be ripened in the market place. It should therefore be harvested at the maturity that satisfies customer requirements.
Generic information [NE2]
Other Quality Requirements At Pack
- Quality Requirements
Packaging And Cold Storage
- Internal Packaging (Standard Loose Pack)
Standard 2.5 kg loose pack
- Place shrivel sheet into carton with ends extending over the sides of the carton. A shrivel sheet of 400 mm x 800 mm with 48 perforations of 6mm in diameter is suggested. Shrivel sheets of different dimensions can be used but must overlap after folding over the fruit from both sides.
- Place 300 x 400 mm pulp or plastic trays on top of shrivel sheet on bottom of carton.
- After packing fruit on trays fold shrivel sheet over fruit from both sides. The intention is to wrap the shrivel sheet around the fruit.
- Place 300 x 400 mm white corrugated sheet (58 g) on top of shrivel sheet.
Standard 5 kg double layer loose pack
- Pack as above but put a 3 mm 300 x 400 mm foam pad on top of the fruit on bottom layer before placing the second tray into the carton.
- PunnetsNo special requirement
- Other PacksCrimson Blaze is a non-melting cultivar and softening at ripening temperatures will be limited and may detract from overall quality. Retailers must be reminded that this cultivar must be consumed firm.
- Cold Storage
- Crimson Blaze nectarines can be cold stored for up to 35 days, from the harvest date, at -0.5 °C. Crimson Blaze nectarines are non melting and will not develop woolliness.
- For more information on handling after harvest, cooling and shipping – see generic information [NE4] and for more information on air freight see[NE10].
- Dispensations for 2021 Season
Dispensations for 2021 season will be shared here.